As Christians, we believe:
- The Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God
- Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the one and only Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, and then rose again according to the scriptures for the salvation of mankind.
- A person is saved by Grace and not by works.
- By trusting in the Lord Jesus and turning away from sin, a person becomes born again and will inherit eternal life in heaven
The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven: Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6)
Good works cannot save you.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9) Trust Jesus Christ today! Here’s what you must do:
- Admit you are a sinner.”For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Romans 5:12)
“If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)
- Be willing to turn from sin (repent).Jesus said: “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)
“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:” (Acts 17:30)
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.”For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
What to pray:
Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” (John 1:12)
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17).